Thursday, June 6, 2013

Doing Something That Scares Me

So, I feel like over the term, my goals have changed. My original interests for the course are different than they were, and now I am left with different goals. I feel like now, I want to focus on poetry and a reading for a different class which has really caught my attention, Dubliners, by James Joyce. Another thing I want to be able to do is to start putting my own writings out there. I am gonna post a link to my father's blog, where he put a short story I wrote my sophomore year which has been my pride and joy. I look at it now, over three years later, and I realize there are things I can change and edit, but I'm still proud of the original accomplishment. Putting something out there for others to read scares me more than anything, but I feel like I really should. Can anyone who reads this post their thoughts? I feel like I want to review and edit it. Please remember, I was 15 when I wrote this.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! What was it like writing something so dark? By the way, you might consider using a website like scribd.com. You can format your stories into pages in order to make long text more approachable. Plus it's a lot harder to plagiarize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I write it's usually pretty dark. I don't really know why, honestly. I guess I just have a very grim perspective on the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The feminist writer I was thinking of today was Noami Wolf. Interesting to see the subject change. I definitely want to read Dubliners and Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man after I am done with Ulysses. Kinda backwards I know but that's just the way it goes.

    ReplyDelete