Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The longest & craziest weekend of my life.


I had a VERY busy weekend. I was supposed to take a flight out of SLC Friday night and land in my beloved Texas around 2:00AM. This didn’t happen, however, as I had accidentally left my wallet on the bed in my apartment. I missed the flight, and after waiting around the airport for two hours for a possible standby option I went home and got back up at 4:30 to drive back to the airport to get to Texas. I got in around 2:00PM and I was EXHAUSTED. Once at home (thought I wanted to take a nap) I was put straight to work. We had to make the house presentable for the hoards of people who would be arriving the next day to celebrate my sister’s leaving for a mission in an “open house” fashion. Sunday was spent at church, listening to my sister’s AMAZING farewell talk. She did such an amazing job. Then we got home and baked all day so that we would have something for the well-wishers to eat when they got there. Monday we had to do last minute shopping for the things on her list and we also had to help her pack. I also had two papers to write. Tuesday morning (now, as I am sitting in the airport) I arrived early and ready to go back to Utah when I found that my flight was delayed by two hours. I have the WORST luck.
Needless? to say, I didn’t get to spend too much time on my outside learning plan. I did, however, manage to talk to my parents a little bit about the play I want to direct. They seem pretty excited about it which made me more excited about it. We ended up, as a family, watching the movie version of ‘Night Mother. It wasn’t amazing, but it gave me some ideas as to how I will direct it and it also made me like the play version even better. 
I was talking with Dr. Burton about how I would end up presenting orally in class what I want to do and we talked about the possibility of presenting it like it’s a pitch. Like I am a big shot director at some theatre company and I am explaining why this play should be in our next season (basically why it is worth your time and money). Every time I reread the script or talk to some about it I get more excited and I know that I could be pretty convincing. 

1 comment:

  1. Now I have some questions! Where in Texas are you from? Where is your sister going on her mission? And are you really going to present something orally in class? On our finals day? That would be really great! I have enjoyed getting to know you in class. You have amazing talent and will go on to a fabulous future. You had a super busy weekend- don't know how you did it all!

    ReplyDelete