Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Literary Reference Work

To read and understand every book, article and idea about feminism within literature would be absurd. So, to narrow my topic, I began to look at certain writers who have impacted feminist literature, and looked to see their views and opinions, and how that may have affected their work, along with looking at the works themselves. When I was looking for something to help me get to know these authors and writers better, I found in the subject guide, when I looked at women's literature, they had an encyclopedia of women writers from colonial times to the present times. It  focused on American Writers, which helped me to look into people such as Kate Chopin and Naomi Wolf. This book called American Women Writers: A Critical Reference Guide from Colonial Times to the Present was able to help me get to know my authors I would be focusing on better. This was able to help me become more knowledgeable on my subject without reading hundreds of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment