Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Story of My Paper

When Dr. Burton told us to go back to our previous blogs to reflect what we should base our papers on, I had a rather difficult time with it, and didn't really see what I could reflect upon. I wanted to stay true to the topic of my Major in English Teaching, but selecting my topic on the Book of Mormon, was more or less inspired. I was at work early in the morning, and I had some time, before I clocked in, to the read from the Book of Mormon. And as I was reading I saw some of the literary aspects of 2 Nephi Chapters 9 and 10.
It was almost difficult to try and socialize with this topic. I posted blogs on Facebook, which was an absolute flop (which makes me realize that one needs to be either Facebook more often than not, or take people off their friends list, XD).
The best results I received were the comments from my wife, and comments from a blog on my deviantArt account. The responses were good. Most people objected to the idea of the Book of Mormon being taught in public schools. Thankfully, with the help from classmates and Dr Burton, as well as my wife, all of whom told me to be more specific with my questions. At the same time, however, I was really looking to get responses out of people. I narrowed it down with people afterwards. This was for the purpose of developing my thesis statement, and I was stuck between a Policy Claim and a Comparison Claim. But unless I was recommended by a classmate, Andrew that if I was going to compare it to the Bible being taught as literature, I should probably stick with the Book of Mormon. So I stuck with the policy claim, which is fine.
Other posts which have led me up to my final paper included why I care about the Book of Mormon being taught for literary purposes, and some passages of scripture that caught my attention or knew about already.
Here's my final paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment