Monday, May 20, 2013

Attending a Performance

While I intended to go and see Midsummer Night's Dream this evening with my husband, I was unable to. He had to stay late at work and I didn't have a car, so we are planning on seeing it this weekend - Thursday or Friday probably.
Since I already saw Urinetown last Tuesday, have plans to see Midsummer and the fact that I am required to see A Wrinkle in Time, I think I will be okay. Those, coupled with the two plays I read this weekend AND I watched my DVD copy of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead, I think I am ready for Drama Week.
I am also very excited for this week. I love the readings we picked and I love my outside self-directed learning, PLUS our presentation on Thursday should be good. I'm excited.

One of my favorite things about the Hale Center Theatre in Orem is the small and intimate space. The atmosphere is unlike anywhere else. You can actually SEE the actors up close and it feels like you are there in the scene with them. My other favorite thing is that it is very close to professional quality acting and singing. They are talented! One of my best friends from my major was the main character, and he was just amazing! Urinetown is one of my favorite musicals - it is such a funny story and I love the music. I saw it six years ago with my theatre class, and I came home and bought the soundtrack and I listen to it all the time. It is also on my list of plays I will one day direct.
I seriously urge y'all to see it. 16-18 dollars is fairly inexpensive for professional quality theatre.

He was SO amazing!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah I saw A Tale of Two Cities there a while back and I couldn't agree more! The acting is high quality and the way they use the intimate theater space really adds a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to be able to see one of the shows. It's harder when you don't have a car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing plays at the Hale! I had seasons tickets last year and the year before. And loved going to them all! But I couldn't do it again this year so I'm disappointed to have missed this musical which sounds so funny! I had never even heard of it. Glad you had such a fun time!

    Thanks again for the great time today in class! That was so fun and entertaining!!

    ReplyDelete