Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Poison Tree

So for my English 292 class (2nd half of British Literature) I recently had to do an explication of a poem from the Romantic Period that we read for class but that we did not discuss in class. I chose to do William Blake's "A Poison Tree" from his book Songs of Experience. I wrote it out in my notebook and started to make notes on it.

 


One of the things I picked up on was the importance of apples in stories similar to this poem. Some of the stories that I thought of are: Snow White, the beginnings of the Trojan War (yes that was an apple), and for some religions the Garden of Eden. I did some research on the symbolism of apples and wrote it all down. My paper might be a little bit formal for a blog post so I won't put it on here but I will make a link for it here: Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment