Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Preliminary self-directed learning plan

I feel like I have a strength of relating to any character, and recognizing their motive and purpose in the story. I feel like I get a better idea of what the author is trying to address by understanding the characters that they use. Characters are the best mouthpiece for an author. I also feel strengths of recognizing the story and how it relates to the history of the time.

My weakness would definitly involve knowing what is the most important part of the story to analyze. I can recognize 15 different interesting aspects within literature, but I never really have a strong, specific analysis. Another weakness I have is getting myself motivated things like poetry. I have such a hard time reading them, understanding them, and just enjoying them. If I don't initially enjoy it, I have a really hard time reading it.

I hope to reread my favorite book, To Kill a Mockingbird, and to finally get back to The Memory Keeper's Daughter. I started it, but always get distracted and never finished it. I also (like others in the group) would like to read Les Miserables. I started it as a junior in high school but got so caught up with homework and other things that I never finished. As a more mature person, I hope I can be more focused and able to enjoy it more.

1 comment:

  1. I love all three of the books you are planning to read/re-read! That is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete