Monday, May 13, 2013

My Distaste of Poetry

I am terrible with poetry. I can read any form of literature and enjoy it. Except for poetry. It is my major flaw. Whenever we would study poetry in class, that would be my lowest grades for the entire year. I lacked any interest or understanding of what I read. It would be the shortest passages and yet the hardest for me to read. I feel like this is very common for people out of high school. I hope that studying it in college, specifically this term, will help me be able to relate, understand and appreciate poetry.
My boyfriend hates everything involving literature, besides poetry. Him and I debate (rather argue) what is better, novels or poetry. As time has passed, I have gain more of an appreciation of it, but I still wouldn't read poetry unless my grade depended on it.

4 comments:

  1. I can relate to your distaste for poetry. This is certainly going to be an interesting week! Also, that is too funny about your boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitly will be interesting. Endure to the end, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a distaste for poetry, but I know what you're saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would enjoy it if I really got into it, but I just have such a hard time with it. I'd rather just not read it, which is something I have to get over it.

      Delete