Sunday, May 5, 2013

Connections Through Books

So, I've been looking at Goodreads a lot the past few days. I was amazed at how many of my friends and family was actually on their. My brother-in-law and I were discussing books this weekend that we had in common and others that we did not have in common. It was interesting to hear another person's point of views on these books. One of the greatest books I have read over the past few years has been The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I read it for an assignment my Junior year and I didn't know he had other books out.

 I discovered A Thousand Splendid Suns, and would really love to read that. I also have seen books done by classic writers that I never heard of that have interested me, like Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens, which was suggested because of my love of Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome I'll have to spend more time on good reads it seems like a really good resource for book discussion. Thanks for the insight.

    ReplyDelete