Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Midsummer Night's Dream in the park

I must admit that I arrived late to the Shakespeare in the Park's Midsummer Nights Dream and because of that I didn't really know what was going on. The only time I did know what was happening was when we arrived at Act V Scene I and that was because I read that before I went.

I liked watching it. It was fun because the actors could run through the audience and they were able to be loud enough for everyone to hear even with all the baseball and other stuff going on around us. I thought it was funny that in Act V Scene I there was a guy who played Thesby (character from the play within the play) and he was using a wig to look like a girl and it fell off a few times and when it did he would change back to his man voice then switch back to his girl voice once it was back on.

In my opinion seeing a play is better than just reading it because it brings it to life and things can sometimes make more sense or you understand somethings better.

Anyway you should go see this if you didn't.
Here is the info: Facebook event
Here is their blog: Their blog

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that seeing the play is better than reading it, and I think seeing it live is better than watching it as a movie, because like you said, the actors were running through the audience, and I thought that made the play more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this show, but I've always agreed that seeing a play is much better than reading it. I love seeing a person taking a character and making it their own.

    ReplyDelete