Saturday, May 18, 2013

Reflections...

This is me reflecting on my posts and reading and such so far for this class (English 251). I've done a "new" self directed learning plan at the beginning of each new section an I like that because I feel like it helps me to narrow my readings down. Actually I think I do the exact opposite of that, but it does help me see how much I'd like to read and gives me enough choices that I can pick one or two and read those.


1. Know basic literary terms and methods.
Elements of Stories and Tigers In this post I used terms from the fiction section and compared them to a book series that I like.
I have also studied the words and their meanings and I think I know some of them better than I did before, but I still have some work to do and more learning. I will continue to study and learn about the words coming up in the drama and non-fiction sections as well as review the previous words.

2. Know basic literary genres and representative texts.
I think that my self directed learning plans gave this information to everyone. (see below)
I have learned about the different genres of fiction and poetry such as lyric, epic, dramatic and sci-fi, YA, mystery, etc. I will learn more about the different genres of drama and learn if there are different genres of non-fiction.

3. Write literary arguments.
A Poison Tree shows an analysis/explication I did for another class.
I have written some literary arguments in other classes and will continue to write them as I go (in this class, in my other classes, etc.)

4. Engage literature creatively and socially.
My Goodreads profile (I hope).
I think that Goodreads helps with this particular learning outcome because it can help us keep track of book that we have read and the ones we want to read as well as what our friends are reading. I will keep up with it for sure. I will also keep reading as long as I can find good books.

5. Use emerging communication tools and pedagogical methods.
Literature and Social Media I told about how in another class I used Blogger and Twitter and gave the link to my other blog.
I try to keep up with some literary formats, comparing how printed books are vs. Nook books (and the likes) vs. on a computer (which I think is different from the Nook book types). I will continue to do that as more ways come about.

Self diercted reading plans: Preliminary SDLP and What do I know about poetry?

Personal Literary Narrative: Two Frogs and Me

Poetry Adaptation Analysis: Crocodile's Toothache

Meaningful comments:
http://coming2terms-drama.blogspot.com/2013/05/el-modernismo-de-latinoamerica.html Andrew commented on both of my posts that tied literature in English to literature in Spanish but this one inspired him to do a post on the same author.
http://coming2terms-drama.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-great-rant.html I liked everyone's comments (is that allowed?) because they got people to talk about their opinions with literature and movies and it was interesting to see what everyone said.
http://coming2terms-drama.blogspot.com/2013/05/la-vida-esobra.html Sined commented on this one and ssaid she was interested in reading the play I was referring to!

No comments:

Post a Comment