Thursday, May 23, 2013

Death of a Salesman

I thought what we read for this was rather interesting, I found myself hanging at the end of the assignment because I was like, "wait...Biff didn't go to see Willy left who for dinner?" I have to read more into it of course, now that I'm rather curious to read what Linda's nagging at them all about.
What Willy did with The Woman and then lying to his son, Biff, about it was pretty low. I know what it's like when you realize your parents flat out lie to you, it makes you have sympathy for Biff, even though he's punk.

5 comments:

  1. What I really like about this is it doesn't paint everyone as wonderful amazing people. There are good people in this show, and then there are those who doing crummy things. Makes complex and interesting characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same reaction to the reading. Context is so important to this scene, and if you don't know the whole play, then...you're totally lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree too. Now I have to read the whole play so that I can understand it all in context! And I am starting tonight!

    Thanks again for your preparation today! That was great fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And the girls deserve the majority of the credit.

      Delete
  4. After our dramas today I definitely will read through this play. It seems to have all the elements of the realism of a dysfunctional family. Don't know, I'll have to read it!

    ReplyDelete